The Neighbourhood Plan
Maulden is now a Designated Neighbourhood Area.
A group of volunteers has offered to help Maulden Parish Council to create a Neighbourhood Plan.
Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for their neighbourhood and shape the development and growth of their local area. They are able to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided, and grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead. Neighbourhood planning provides a powerful set of tools for local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community where the ambition of the neighbourhood is aligned with the strategic needs and priorities of the wider local area.
You can email the committee via this form
Contact details for the members of the committee are available via the Secretary. Subcommittee roles are indicated after each person
- David Bailey (chair) (regulation and policy)
- Julie Shepherd (vice chair) (social and community)
- Alan Plom (secretary) (infrastructure and roads)
- [POST VACANT / VOLUNTEER WANTED] (housing and planning)
- Simon Barnes (business and employment)
- Robbie Locke (environment)
The committee has members with specific experience and knowledge who assist and advise, including
- Cllr Christine Inskip
- Cllr Philip Jackson
- Cllr Roger Ball
- Marilyn Caves
- Patricia Bragg
- Andrew Draycott
Other members are actively being sought and volunteers for specific areas of interest to join subcommittees are most welcome
Purpose of the Committee
The committee is entirely volunteers and does not itself decide anything – only Maulden Parish Council can do that. However, the committee will undertake a program of work, consultation, surveys, and studies to provide independent and statistically valid evidence as well as a range of non-quantitative studies and discussion group reports upon which a Neighbourhood Plan can be created.
Fundamentally, the committee exists to listen to the people who live and work in Maulden and find ways to express their needs, desires and vision for Maulden in 2035.
The Maulden Village Neighbourhood Planning Committee is committed to transparency and engagement with the community. Minutes of meetings will be made available online and can be inspected. Copies are also provided to Maulden Parish Council.
- NHP Minutes – 23 Feb 2016
- NHP Minutes – March 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – April 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – 31 May 2016
- NHP Minutes – 29 June 2016
- NHP Minutes – 27 July 2016
- NHP Minutes – August 2016
- NHP Minutes – 28 September 2016
- NHP Minutes – October 2016
- NHP Minutes – November 2016
- NHP Minutes – December 2016 – No Meeting
- NHP Minutes – January 2017
- NHP Minutes – February 2017
- NHP Minutes – March 2017
- NHP Minutes – April 2017
You are welcome
Meetings are [almost] always on last Wednesday of the Month. Public are welcome to attend after 8:30pm. Meetings are held in upstairs meeting room of The George, by kind permission of the Landlord.